返回列表 回复 发帖
Thank you for that explanation about Gaoshanzu Nationality. I didn't understand that. I like both Power Station songs you named and I also really like one I think is called "Rainbow". It had a great music video with a little league baseball team and their coach gearing them up for victory. Very touching video. There is a recording of Chyi Chin and Power Station singing a duet of  "Wolf" that is very good. It very much reflects Power Station's guitar style. Love it.

I am also familiar with A-Mei. She is wonderful and now I have learned about her nationality. You guys are teaching me a lot. My current list of favorites also includes 郑钧 Zheng Jun. I don't spend much time following other artists because it takes a lot of time just to follow Chyi Chin, but I try to keep track of what they are doing.
I am only familiar with little slivers of Chinese music in the middle of the greater whole. Do my choices tell you anything about me?

Thanks to all,
KK
we always have much passion with our intrest, don't we?  
so take it easy my friend

You said you like the song “Rainbow”&"Wolf", it seems that you love those songs which can give us faith & power, is it right?

you said "ZhengJun"(郑钧), he is from the city of XI'AN ,and me too(haha  ).I pretty like him!  

oh ,let me see,I guess you must liked  ROCK&ROLL ,do you?

[ 本帖最后由 青鸟 于 2010-8-13 15:17 编辑 ]
如果我还有悲伤,让风吹散它。。。
on one knows ,on one cares
Zheng Jun、Miss. Bird and I are hsiang-tang ah ha~
A-Mei、Power Station are great singers,No any problem.
But I just love Chyi Chin.
曾几何时他们说,我原是一面锣。
Hi Karen,
Nice to meet you here. Since you like Chyi Chin so much, why don't try some songs of his sister Chyi Yu? When you listen to her songs like The Answer or others, you may think of Enya, a singer from Ireland. But we Chinese people like Chyi Yu much better than Enya. She is our angel.

Introduce myself somehow to you. Apart from a fan of Chyi Chin, I also like Amencian band The Eagles and Gemany band The Scorpions. My alias Firefly was from a song of Soul Asylum. Wish you take home here! : )

Yours friendly,
Firefly
这条路只有一个方向,去向一个遥远的传说。。。
#43 Messenger Bird?  I hope you are not affected by the tragic flooding in Gansu. The news said that the heavy rains in Shaanxi and Sichuan are contributing to the flooding and mudslides. I hope all are safe. You say you live in Xi'an, the home of the Terracotta Warriors. Are they as magnificent as I imagine they are?

Firefly  I am a tremendous fan of Chyi Yu. She does sing like an angel and is so beautiful. I wish she and Chyi Chin would record more together. I know they appear on stage together frequently, but if you look they have recorded very little together. I think an album of them singing together would be wonderful and would live on after them, as their single works will. It is certainly easy to see that he adores her.

Claire  You are so right about Xiaoge recording in other styles. I think he is a wonderful jazz stylist-again because of the emotion he puts into everything he sings.  What album besides "Dim Moon" is a dialect album? I'd like to go back and listen again.

Cheers,
KK

回复 46# 的帖子

Thanks for your greetings,most of us are safe in Shannxi except  small areas of the southen-Shaanxi. The gov. is helping them to rebuild their homes.
Have you ever been XI'AN before?  The Terracotta Warriors are more magnificent than you imagined!  It is a miracle,and I  expect you could be there  very much!
By the way ,his another dialect album is called "innocent"《纯情歌》,the album cover is down below...

[ 本帖最后由 青鸟 于 2010-8-14 12:09 编辑 ]
s300_070914005808.jpg
Messenger Bird: You may very well be right about liking music that gives us faith and power. I can't understand the lyrics, but I can certainly understand the feeling that an artist puts into a song and the feeling created by the song. As for rock and roll, yes, I love it. To me a good rock song starts slow-revs up-has great musicians-and stays revved up right to the end. I think Chyi Chin is a rocker at heart. He certainly can ROCK & ROLL when he wants to.

I didn't even realize "Innocent" was a dialect album. For some reason that is my favorite album of all. I know it was done the same year he won honors for "Silk Road" but I have always liked it better. It's the kind of album you listen to late at night. The jazz interpretations make me wish he would sing more jazz..........
I can't agree with you more that he's a rocker at heart.

Haha, you didn't realize INNOCENT was in dialect? I think the Minnan ( South Fujian province) dialect sounds quite different from mandarin. I't s completely a foreign language  for people outside the Minnan-speaking area. Those songs were written around 1950, with heavy taste of traditional Japanese music, for Taiwan had been occupied by Japan for a long time before then.  Minnan songs are very popular in Taiwan until today but I dont like them at all. Chyichin actually gave the old and  rustic songs a fresh life. I also like INNOCENT better than DIM MOON.

I like A-mei very much and I went to her Shanghai concert in 2002, and that was fantastic. But I'm not familiar with her recent pieces.
萤火虫, The Scorpions is one of my favorite bands, too.
how difficult to say lots~~how Anxious I am~~
曾几何时他们说,我原是一面锣。

回复 50# 的帖子

What a lovely boy!
如果我还有悲伤,让风吹散它。。。
on one knows ,on one cares
返回列表