返回列表 回复 发帖
一切顺利
KK能看懂中文?厉害
Drummer,
I wish I could read Chinese but I do not know a word except some names and song titles. I 100% use a translator program! Even with a translator I sometimes do not have a clue what someone has said. Does anything I say make sense when it is translated into Chinese?

KK
         Chyi Chin's biggest fan in                  
               Minnesota, USA.
My English is poor, but also with the translation software, ha ha, if there is an error please do not worry. First know that you are in Chyi Chin's blog, admire you. I'm curious about is: How did you come into contact with Chyi Chin's song?
It was fate.

I started to watch Hong Kong movies about 7 or 8 years ago (in Cantonese with English subtitles). I kept hearing a beautiful song and at some point I found out it was called "The Moon Represents My Heart". I searched for it and found a language page where the people learning (Mandarin) Chinese were using music. There was a translation and a Pinyin version. There were about 10 versions of the song by different artists. The very last one was an artist called Chyi Chin. I fell in love with his voice the first time I heard it. Then the hard work began!!

I did not know the difference between the dialects of Chinese and I couldn't figure out the difference between Chyi Chin and Qi Qin. I had to figure all these things out. Then I had to figure out Pinyin. I can sing "Moon" and I've heard so many versions I can tell when someone sings it well. Chyi Chin's diction is perfect, of course. I also graduated to Chinese films. I adore Zhang Yimou, among others.

The first time I saw a photo of Chyi Chin I felt like I knew him. As I listened to other songs I could not believe how beautiful they were. Song after song after song-each one more beautiful than the one before. I could not understand a word, but I could certainly hear the emotion.

I made a file where I had other artist's names and the Chinese characters for their name so I could copy and paste to search for them and listen to them. Usually I found their names in articles about Chyi Chin, so many were his contemporaries. It was a lot of work being his fan.

I flew to Los Angeles in 2008 to see him in concert. I waited outside the theater and everyone there knew I wanted to see him-the policeman doing security, the janitor, the theater manager-the stage crew. They were all helping. It was very hot and you can see that my face is red on my avatar because I got sunburned.

I thought I would be able to take a picture as he walked by. When he arrived he was coming towards me up the steps and was looking right at me. Someone must have told him a fan was waiting for him. I remember thinking that I felt like I knew him. He came up and said, "Oh, there you are." I was so flabbergasted I could not think of anything to say! (I was also tired and sunburned!) He was charming and handsome and made sure someone took a photo with my camera.

The very best part was at the concert that evening. There were only a couple of non-Chinese fans in the audience and I was one of them. A lot of the young people around me kept asking questions about him because they didn't seem to know him very well. I was the expert!! Ha Ha

At the end of the concert everyone was getting ready to leave and I told them to wait. He would be back. I told them he always closes with "Around The Time Of Winter". I was right-he came back and closed with that song.

My only regret is that I wasn't brave enough to just walk backstage and see him in his element. If I had a chance to go again I would certainly be brave enough to do that.

I think the most special thing about being his fan is that I have learned so much about China through him. I treasure that experience the most. By the way, I go to a counselor for health reasons and she is convinced perhaps I knew him in another life!! What do you think?

By the way. Your English is wonderful.
KK
         Chyi Chin's biggest fan in                  
               Minnesota, USA.
Chyi Chin is a great pop musician, and K.K. is a great Chyi's fan. Admire ...
很久没来了 祝福小哥平安一生!
依旧短裤
晕,满目洋文。。。可怜俺届英盲。。伤不起吖!
君声丽影,齐唱秦歌!
晕,满目洋文。。。可怜俺届英盲。。伤不起吖!
gallin 发表于 2011-12-18 02:06
这个回复K.K.无论用什么翻译软件,也不会懂的。
这条路只有一个方向,去向一个遥远的传说。。。
返回列表